Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Just purchased a MS908 Elite but need to...
Just purchased a MS908 Elite but need to sell off MS908P with updates till February 22

1096 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2019-09-14 18:12:08

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-09-10 21:33:32

I thought I would be able to use my new MS908 Elite as is for months as is without registering it or at least until after I sell off my MS908P that still has a good amount of update period remaining  well into February, but message shows that I will only be allowed to access  the software 10 times without connecting it to the internet I guess to register it. I erased the vehicles from history each time I tried it , but it still has managed to tally the number of uses so far and is counting down from 10 to 7 left.
      I think the software it shipped with isn't all that dated because the car app buttons are all black, but it doesn't yet annoyingly force you to enter some sort of RO number for each vehicle you test. I would really love to just be able to use it longer  without registering and activating my update period. Seemed to me you could use as is and defer registration and activating your update period longer. Is there a work around for this?
      I do not want to wait till my update period expires on my Maxi Sys Pro to sell it off so it would way be more desirable to any potential buyer now so they would be able to have time of day from support, to register device in their name, get questions answered to  iron out any issues like changing language, resetting device, and still updating software awhile longer so no guilt on my end should something go wrong messing with it out of update period.
      I have my USA  Maxi Sys Pro for sale with updates remaining till 2/22/20 listed locally on Craigslist Chicago, but looks like I will list on Ebay soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZfBEhNeB4

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2019-09-13 01:50:07 (Reply to:witsend)

Well I sold off the awesome Maxi Sys Pro on E bay with update period still remaining :-)) Oh Yeah. But now I have to register my new Elite.
    Suspicious because my New Elite came out of the box with the  newer all black colored car app buttons already, so to play it safe I called USA Support and ran my new  Maxi Sys Elite serial # and password past them and he verified it had never been registered before. I asked if it was possible to connect it to the internet to register the start of it's one year warranty, but hold off starting the 2 year update period , put things in Limbo for awhile and just use it at the level it came with for next six months or longer before activating the 2 year update period ? He told me that it was not possible to do things that way.

Now I have 42 available updates showing on a new device with only 32 Gb internal storage that probably isn't going fit the BMW update unless I put a 32 Gb SD card into it like my Maxi Sys Pro.
     Any trick to making everything fit on the internal storage without space issue or corrupting something? Would it make a difference to completely uninstall the car apps with largest file sizes first before re down loading these car apps with their updated files?  

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-09-14 18:12:08 (Reply to:witsend)

Maxisys 908P is the best any time.........
  Total1 Pages